We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Manager. The Safety Manager will take responsibility to prevent accidents and injuries and provide ideas to further strengthen the safety culture of Lift, Inc. The Safety Manager will be responsible for working in a safe manner to coordinate, direct, and promote Safety initiates throughout the manufacturing facility to assure continuous improvement. The right candidate will focus on achieving measurable results in reducing both the frequency and severity of injuries. This will be accomplished by partnering with Branch Management in implementing effective and practical solutions that lead to culture where Safety is not compromised.
LIFT, INC. OFFERS AN EXCELLENT COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT PLAN INCLUDING:
· 100% Employee Owned Company
· Competitive salary
· Medical, dental and vision insurance plans
· 100% company paid short term and long term disability coverage
· 401(k) Plan with company match
· Company paid life insurance with optional additional coverage
· Paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Professional work environment
Essential Job Functions
· Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety.
· Available for on-call, emergency response, incident investigation and regulation reporting responsibility. Responsible for performing root cause analysis for all safety related incidents.
· Implements safety programs, policies, and procedures for the organization in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
· Inspects or tours company properties and facilities to detect existing or potential safety and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventive measures where indicated, providing documentation, training and guidance where needed.
· Conducts periodic inspections of job sites to assist managers and supervisors with regulatory compliance.
· Responsible for record keeping of the safety function, including OSHA logs, as well as other reports for outside agencies, as may be required.
· Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
· Use excellent communication skills to establish, and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, vendors and customers.
· Maintain and train to company’s emergency evacuation procedures
· Work with Human Resources department to ensure proper reporting all workers comp claims
· Assist and serve as backup to Technical Trainers to train associates relating to general safety, forklift operations, etc., and ensure that all safety training and operator’s certificates are up-to-date.
· Any other duties not specifically outlined above are subject to incorporation into the overall duties of this position
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· A minimum of 2- 4 years of experience reflecting increasing responsibility in safety, close familiarity with OSHA regulations, employee relations, and the development of policies and procedures is required.
· Experience conducting Safety and Environmental training such as OSHA, forklift, warehouse storage, dock and yard safety or similar Safety Training
· Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
· Ability to travel daily
· Experience with training on powered industrial equipment (forklift classes I-VII, aerial equipment, earth moving equipment, etc.)
· DOT regulation knowledge helpful
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) desired
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong customer-service attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills.
· The ability to engage, motivate, and empower employees to appreciate the value of safety training and its importance in the workplace
· Physical requirements include constant standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, with infrequent opportunities to sit.
· Must be able to lift or exert force up to 50 pounds with occasional need to lift or exert force in excess of 100 pounds
· Ability to work in wet or humid conditions as well as extreme cold or heat
· Wearing steel or composite toe shoes or boots during work hours are a requirement of this position